Start up tips from 10 great entrepenuers
Start up tips from 10 Great Entrepenuers
Creator of Spanx
1. Don’t let the first “no” (or five) stop you.
2. Don’t quit your day job just yet.
3. Don’t seek validation from others.
4. Hire your weaknesses.
5. Never stop evolving.
“You need space to try things and create. It takes a long time to recalibrate if you let people pull at you all the time. A lot of stress comes from reacting to stuff. You have to keep a certain guard [up], if you’re a creative person. ”
Founder of Boston Beer Co. and Samuel Adams Boston Lager
“You have a viable business only if your product is either better or cheaper than the alternatives. If it’s not one or the other, you might make some money at first, but it’s not a sustainable business.”
9 Leadership tips from Steve Jobs
2. Control The Experience
4. Have Confidence
5. Rethink Designs
6. Team with Winners
8. Vision + Details
“Be true to yourself. If you follow that principle, a lot of decisions are actually pretty easy.”
Co-founder of Flickr and Hunch
“Pick a good market. The idea for approaching that market may change, but find a meaty problem to solve. You can try to attack it a bunch of different ways. Don’t be too narrow.”
Founder, Go Daddy
“What I learned from Rockefeller that’s off-the-hook important is: You need to know exactly where you stand in a business at all times. Measure everything, because everything that is measured and watched improves.”
Top 5 tips on Pitching
• Explain how the new business will make a difference to customers
• Ensure you are grounded in expert knowledge of the industry
• Have a realistic plan
• Make sure you’re in it for the long haul
• Show your strongest hand
Founder, Creative Chairman, Droga5
Success Secrets from David Droga:
• Strive to deliver on your own expectations and to exceed your client’s.
• The minute you feel content with what you’re doing, you’re in danger of becoming stagnant.
• Strive to make sure that everything you do for your existing clients builds their business, and builds your business.
• You don’t have to be the best businessman or manager in the world, but if you look after your people and focus on the work, you’ll succeed.
2. Don’t wait until you have everything you need
3. People help people who help themselves
4. Know how to handle rejection
5. Dream Enormous
6. Accept help from Mentors
7. Ignore Trends
“ The most courageous act is still to think for yourself; aloud.”
“ Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.”
“Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore,
the latter are stronger.”